- Brian Acton(The co-founder of WhatsApp) told in a Fb post on Tuesday ,He will leave the messaging service company to start a new foundation.
- Brian Acton spent eight years with WhatsApp.
- Note that WhatsApp bought by Facebook in 2014.
- A Stanford alumnus, Brian Acton co-founded WhatsApp with Ukrainian immigrant Jan Koum in 2009. The duo worked at Yahoo before starting WhatsApp
- “After 8 years at WhatsApp, I have decided to move on and start a new chapter in my life. I am very fortunate at my age to have the flexibility to take new risks and focus on what I’m passionate about. I’ve decided to start a non-profit focused at the intersection of nonprofit, technology and communications. It’s something I’ve thought about for a while, and now it’s time to just focus and execute. I’ll have more to share in the coming months. This decision is, of course, a tough one. I’m proud of what our team has accomplished in only a few years, and it’s humbling to see that so many people rely on WhatsApp every day,” he wrote in a Facebook post.
Like & Share 🙂