- 1 What is Nagios ?
- 1.2 Nagios Features & Capabilities
- 126.96.36.199.0.1 More:
- 188.8.131.52.0.2 Fully Automated Nagios: System Requirements
- 184.108.40.206.0.3 Configure Distributed Monitoring IN Fully Automated Nagios
- 220.127.116.11.0.4 Fully Automated Nagios Add Host Using Web Console
- 18.104.22.168.0.5 Fully Automated Nagios Inatallation Guide Step By Step
- 22.214.171.124.0.6 Fully Automated Nagios: Host and service config issue
- 126.96.36.199.0.7 Command To Update Fully Automated Nagios
- 188.8.131.52.0.8 How To Backup and Restore Fully Automated Nagios(FAN Nagios) with Configuration and All
- 184.108.40.206.0.9 How To Change Default Password For Fully Automated Nagios(FAN Nagios) Web Interface
- 220.127.116.11.0.10 Fully Automated Nagios Installation and Configuration Step By Step
- 18.104.22.168.0.11 Fully Automated Nagios ISO Download
What is Nagios ?
First launched in 1999.
Nagios is officially sponsored by Nagios Enterprises
Nagios monitors your entire IT infrastructure to ensure systems, applications, services, and business processes are functioning properly.
In the event of a failure, Nagios can alert technical staff of the problem, allowing them to begin remediation processes before outages affect business processes, end-users, or customers
Nagios Features & Capabilities
Visibility & Awareness
Stable, Reliable, and Respected Platform
Capabilities to monitor applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, system metrics and infrastructure components with a single tool.
Event handlers allow automatic restart of failed applications and services.
Availability reports ensure SLAs are being met.
Hundreds of community-developed addons extend core Nagios functionality.
Over 1 million+ users worldwide.
Active community mailing lists provide free support.
Over 10 years of active development.
Scales to monitor thousands of nodes.
Failover capabilities ensure non-stop monitoring of critical IT infrastructure components.
Full access to source code.
Released under the GPL license
Hundreds of community-developed addons(Nagios-plugins) extend Nagios’ core functionality.
Centralized view of entire monitored IT infrastructure.
Detailed status information available through web interface.
Fast detection of infrastructure outages.
Alerts can be delivered to technical staff via email or SMS.
Escalation capabilities ensure alert notifications reach the right people.
Scheduled downtime allows for alert suppression during infrastructure upgrades.
Multi-user access to web interface allows stake holders to view infrastructure status.
User-specific views ensures clients see only their infrastructure components.